Arriving and Leaving School Safely Arrival Time
7:30 AM ~ Front doors to the school are open for children for breakfast. Students wanting to eat breakfast will report to the cafeteria to eat and then go to the gymnasium by 8 AM. Students not eating breakfast will report directly to the gymnasium for morning activities. Teachers will pick up students at 7:55 am in the gym to escort them to classrooms.
8:00 AM ~ School bell rings – Students are to be in their classrooms. If a student arrives on campus after the 8:00 AM tardy bell, a parent or guardian will need to accompany their child to the front office to check their student in with office staff before going to class.
2:40 PM ~ Dismissal bell rings – School ends.
Dropping Off and Picking Up Students
· Kindergarten students and their siblings who walk or get dropped off will use the front school entrance to enter and exit the building.
· Students in grades 1-5 who walk or get dropped off will enter and exit through the E. Alder Street Gate or Hobson/McCabe entrances and go through the back of the school.
· All students who ride the bus will enter and exit through the back entrance of the school after they disembark through the gated bus loop.
The Walla Walla School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all requirements of the ADA.
Safest Route Home
- Where no walking area exists, walk on the left side of the roadway facing oncoming traffic to and from school.
- Before crossing any street, stop and look both ways for oncoming traffic.
- Where available, cross at marked crosswalks, and walk, do not run, while in the crosswalk area.
- When crossing at a traffic signal, be sure to press the pedestrian walk button if available, and wait for signal indication and traffic to stop before entering the street. Flashing "Don't Walk" means do not begin to walk: however, if you are already crossing the street, you may continue walking. After the "Walk" signal, there is adequate time to allow the average pedestrian to continue walking across the street before oncoming traffic receives a green light.
- Cross at safe corners, even if you must walk further.
- Watch for turning cars.
- Do not walk between parked cars.
- Refuse to ride with strangers.
- Go directly from home to school or from school to home by the recommended route.